Kinda like "whac-a-mole". I'm the mole and every talk, prayer, lessons and hymn is one more "whac".
So, I am going through a few things inside my mind. In my life. I had been taking them to Heavenly Father. I have fasted. Today I intended to seek guidance from my bishop (Mormon clergy). Well, "whac", "whac", "whac". Heavenly Father knows how I learn and He was going to make sure I followed through.
I'll avoid the messy middle part.
Here I am on the other side. Learning from the lesson I have been taught. This process takes time. It takes prayer, listening, scripture, service. It is also looking for answers not just expecting them to appear. Tonight I was reading a few talks by General Authorities of the church. I came across this quote.
"There is an important concept here: patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!" -Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Here I am. My first step. Exercising patience for something I want to happen now.
I've been here before. Exercising patience. I know from experience I can work, hope and exercise faith.
I had been taught a "Blesson" a blesson is when you see the blessing in the lesson that your challenge taught you.
Yep. I have blessons. Tonight, I roll up my sleeves, put on the knee pads, pull out the readers (oy!) and start exercising my patience.

No comments:
Post a Comment