Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Nine Months...Whoa Baby


It's been nine months and no baby. More like nine months of labor pain.
I feel like I have the same hormones flowing through my body.
One moment I'm victorious and the next I'm feeling all the feels.

Here is the overall update...
Nerve pain is still my enemy. Basically I am in pain daily. It fluctuates between nagging and full blown stabbing, put me in bed, and leave me alone to whimper. I've been told it could be a year before the nerves heal...or longer...or never.
I move slowly on stairs. I ease myself in and out of cars. I can't jump up or flop down on a couch.
I finished physical therapy. A few of the exercises help provide a little relief. Nothing removes all of the pain.
I've been referred to an osteopath and I'm hopeful that manipulations will relieve the nerve pain.

We have joined the local Y.
Prior to the accident I had lost 20 lbs and immediately following the accident another 10 lbs. Sadly I have put all 30 lbs back on.
I'm hoping that I can just get back into walking and a solid healthy eating plan.
Slow and steady weight loss and building muscle will help relieve some of the pain.
But also boost my mental image of who I am.

We have a new lawyer and he asked us to send the pictures of my injury to the practice.
Keep in mind I had not seen the full blown bum in it's "glory". I had to transfer the pictures one by one from Terry's file to my Dropbox...and...I didn't vomit. It was like sharing my c section pictures. Without the sweet babe in my arms as the last image.
I had no clue...well I did, I had my own image in my head.
Now I have seen what Terry had to look at on a regular basis.
I get why he said it looked like someone shot a cannon ball in my bum and it didn't go all the way through.
He calls my scar Franken-crack. It's endearing.

In the end...still makes me giggle...we are alive, we find humor in every situation, we have been blessed with friends who have gone above and beyond, we have faith that our prayers will be answered, we help each other to breathe, we have redefined what adventure looks like.

Here is to the birth of a new and improved #happyplacefarley.

No comments:

Post a Comment