Friday, January 25, 2013

Picture This


What's your favorite picture of yourself?
I am going to describe this picture. For personal reasons I am not willing to make it public yet.
This picture was taken this past Spring in Boston. My sister and I had made our way from Ann Arbor to Rochester, NY then onto Boston. That morning she had successfully defended her thesis at Boston University. I had spent the afternoon with Wicked. It was a beautiful Spring day. Perfect temperature. We had enjoyed the view from the Prudential Building, wandered through the Common Gardens, enjoyed a unbelievable meal at Loch Ober, and were walking back to the T from the North End. We stopped so I could get pictures of the skyline. Wicked took a few pictures of me with my sister. In return she took a few of me with Wicked.

One in particular is my favorite of me. We aren't looking at the camera. My arm is around Wicked and his hand is coming down onto my shoulder. It is in motion. He has a schmarmy grin on his face and I am sure he is saying something schmarmyish. I am laughing. Mouth wide open loud laughter. If you know me, you know this laugh. It comes from deep down inside me. There are two older Italian men behind us, across the street, looking at us.
Nothing special. It's a compilation of the entire day in one shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment