Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Summertime

What is your ideal summer day? Where would you go, what would you do or eat, and who would you be with?
I would be on a porch similar to this one. The seating needs to be a bit more comfy. The view will hold a beach, a lake, or a stream. Periodically I'll dangle my feet off the dock, or rock hop or wade in the water and taste the salt.
I'll have books to skim. Naps to relish. Someones head on my lap and slow conversation.
A bowl of warm cherries I picked that morning. Ice water or lemonade. At night I want to settle down to a grilled meal. Burgers, fish, veggies. I don't care I just want to smell the grill. Finger foods.
Who is with me? Who wants to join me?

All that being said. I love Fall!


1 comment:

  1. summer day or summer vacation? just one day would involve roller coasters and beer. a whole week would involve an adirondack chair overlooking a large body of saltwater, baseball, grilled meals, and beer.

    ReplyDelete