Friday, July 27, 2012

Let it open you.


Let it open you.
An amazing lady posted that simple sentence tonight on facebook. I had been turning thoughts in my mind all day that played with that same concept. I was going with a Rascal Flatts song (below) titled "Let it hurt". But I believe Let It Open You fits much better with what I need to share tonight.

Don't think I go through life all happy smiles, laughing and shining eyes...although I do have a contagious laugh a bright smile and shining eyes. I still have days where I struggle. I certainly had days and weeks of deep pain. I discovered I needed to fully consider the emotions playing through my body. Any emotion. The anger, joy, pleasure, or grief. Now I observe myself. What I am experiencing. What is my heart doing? How is my jaw responding? Is that little line between my eyes making a scar again? Hands clenched? Breathing- fast or slow? Are my eyes bright? Where is that smile? Shoulders? Am I throwing verbal darts at people? Are there butterflies in my stomach that will lift me higher?

Honestly, since I started acknowledging my feelings and allowing them to work through my whole being without an excuse I have been lighter, content and...well yes...happy. When I am permitted to fully express the emotion I tend not to have a reason to allow the negative ones to resurface. I felt it all. I experienced the whole thing. It's done. It's over. Why bring it back again? What good does it do me?

Let your emotions open you. Some can hurt. They will take you to your knees. Some will make you wonder how your heart is still contained in your body because you are sure it has wings.

Rascal Flatts-Let it hurt.
http://youtu.be/qR-rHbfPNAY

So let it hurt, let it bleed
Let it take you right down to your knees
Let it burn to the worst degree
May not be what you want, but it's what you need
Sometimes the only way around it
Is to let love do it's work
So go on
Yeah, let it hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment